Friday, September 27, 2013

Two Websites Visited Frequently

The two websites that I visit frequently are related to my real estate business. 


California Association of Realtors  - CAR

I have never liked this website and have always found it difficult to navigate.  I realize that there is a lot of information that they need to convey to the public and to the CAR members.  

The home page is very busy and chaotic to me. Changes that I would make:
  • Delete or move the "What's New"
  • Change the concept, contrast and hierarchy to a display what sections are visited the most and to highlight what is most important to view
  • Proximity is there --- it is organized.
  • Ease of Use - I find it very difficult to find what I look for and end up googling for the information
  • Depth of Content - Since there is so much information, maybe develop different websites for the specific topic
 Here are the questions and answers for the Week 3 assignment:
  1. Why are they effective? 
    It is effective with the amount of information to be found (depth of content).... if you can find it!
  2. What specific principles of good design do they include and why? 
    I guess it has alignment, proximity-organization.
  3. What makes you come back again?
    Because I need the information or links to other services I use.
  4. What could be improved?
    ME - and taking the time to learn the website rather than expect the Association to change it!
Joe Stumpf's By Referral Only

 This website also has a lot of information but is organized in only a few categories - not as much information as above website.

The main issue I find with this site that I cannot view everything on my iPad because it has not been converted to HTML 5 and is still Adobe Flash.


Here are the questions and answers for the Week 3 assignment:
  1. Why are they effective?
    With the information and training videos
  2. What specific principles of good design do they include and why?
    Organization makes sense, it is aligned with the depth of content.
  3. What makes you come back again?
    For the information and videos.
  4. What could be improved?
    It needs
    modern aesthetics, design and branding.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment