Sunday, October 6, 2013

Facebook Reach and Engagement

I have had my Facebook business page for several years without doing much with it.  Delving into the homework is helping me learn the benefits of utilizing Facebook.

First for the Facebook definitions that I found online:


Post Reach  is the number of people who have seen your Facebook post. Figures are for the first 28 days after a post's publication and include people viewing your post on both desktop and mobile. Your post counts as having reached someone when it is loaded and shown in News Feed.

Post Engagement  is a rate that measures how well your Fans interact with your content. The Facebook Post ER formula takes into account Likes, Comments and Shares of the post to the total number of fans at the time it has been posted. Then it gets multiplied by 100 to get the final percentage that expresses how well your brand is doing in engaging your Fans!

Second, I checked my Insights, after going through a tutorial, and realized again that I am not in the social media game right now with my business.  

It's great to see what needs to be done to increase the reach and engagement of my business page.  Therefore, I will need to do the following to better service my clients and their friends:
  • Increase the number of Likes (fans)
  • Increase the frequency of posts with relevant content
  • Have posts that will engage through likes, shares and comments.
  • Reply to comments in a timely manner
  • Promote posts when appropriate

So, time to post something on my page!


No comments:

Post a Comment