Friday, December 6, 2013

Google Analytics

Over the years having a website and then a blog, people have shown me Google Analytics.  They have explain the statistics would show me how to make my website/blog better in order to increase my business.

It never made sense to me.... I found it difficult to relate the statistics to the blog posts I wrote or how to change my writing or topics to obtain better statistics.  

One person talked about how I needed stickiness... to keep the people on my website or how to write an article with lots of keywords.  It was very difficult for me to be focused on keywords rather than just writing what I wanted to say.

I'm very glad to be taking this class.  I now understand some of what I've heard in the past about analytics and what I need to focus on to reach and engage potential clients.   Actually, I must admit that some of it is still confusing but I'm seeing a glimmer at the end of the tunnel.

I want to check on my blog Google Analytics to learn which posts are popular and what keywords bring them to my website.

No comments:

Post a Comment