Sunday, December 8, 2013

Review | My Top 6 Social Media Platforms

I reviewed what I covered in class this semester and the work I've done with the various social media platforms and realized how much worked I've done and how much more I could do..... 

In my September blog post "Is it Personal or Business?" I listed the social media that I thought I would use for my business after reviewing so many in my research and a few that I'd look into when I had time.  I also stated that the list may change after completing this class... 

My business purpose for social media is to deepen my relationship with friends, acquaintances,and clients; to freely give real estate information; and to increase my client base.  Therefore, I think there are several social media platforms that integrate best with my business.

So, I've changed my "Top Ten Social Media List" to the following "Top 6":
  1. My blog on SellingProperties.com
  2. Facebook.com/SellingProperties.DeeMarieFisher
  3. Pinterest and Instagram for photos and post ideas.
  4. LinkedIn
  5. Twitter
  6. YouTube ( still not comfortable with video)
There are also review sites for comments/reviews by clients or directory sites  that I have set up for my business:
  1. Yelp
  2. Zillow
  3. Trulia
  4. Google Business Places 

For now, the platforms I may explore in the future are Google+, Active Rain, Bigger Pockets, Ning.... or not explore!

I've enjoyed using Facebook with Pinterest as a resource for posts!  I've enjoyed the satisfaction of seeing an increase in reach and engagement, setting up many of the new social media sites that I will be able to use in the future, and the review sites that my clients have used in giving me 5 star reviews!  Learning about Instagram and how I can use it to post on my Facebook business page was a great moment.

Facebook is probably the only one that I may use daily.... unless I really get involved in Twitter.  The others will be used throughout the month... based on my social media marketing plan that I am setting up.

No comments:

Post a Comment