Sunday, November 17, 2013

Advertising on Social Media Sites

Facebook advertising just got my money twice... without me knowing how.   I've come to the conclusion that online courses are not for me.  I've learned a lot since I've been required to take time to read and do my homework in this class.... however,  hands-on lab time would be more beneficial for me.

I've put off doing this week's homework because it is very confusing for me.  Obviously, if I want to do any advertising in the future, I need to do lots of research or find someone to walk me through the steps.

Facebook ads allow for page promotion, post promotion and I think you can design an ad, but wasn't able to find where to do it.

As for Twitter, I have no interest in using it or advertising on it.

 

3 comments:

  1. Hi Dee,

    Sorry to hear that Facebook got your money. I had the same problem - not being able to get a view of the ad before paying - so I just took a screen shot with the ad details and put that on my post,and then got out of the ad design area.

    Alex

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a hard time getting organized for this assignment too Dee, you were not alone -

    Facebook was a bit confusing for me to when trying to set up the ads - I did like Alexandra, and I just took a screen shot of the ad details page and didn't finish the final step(s).

    As far as the ads being passive in your more recent post - I agree they kind of are passive - but the key is to make them interesting for your readers to want to engage with them.

    That takes some creativity and hopefully a growing social following, which I don't feel I am succeeding at very well with my project, and the Sabrina Keller Foundation yet..

    - I think My Foundation needs to try to reach out with more Tweets on Twitter and some Calls to Action-

    I think your plans to use the "Ask a Real Estate Question" seems like a great creative idea to me - maybe you can change your weekly class blog into this same theme (with some blogs answering common RE questions) - when your done with this semester's class work. Good Luck RE business.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the feedback, it's good to see the issues, since this is a new class. I agree Dee- I teach this series shortened, at adult ed schools and have half lecture half workshop each night for this exact issue. Maybe MiraCosta will offer the real in class eventually.

    ReplyDelete