Sunday, November 3, 2013

Being personal on my blog

I have had a real estate blog since December 2007 at www.SellingProperties.com and have stated my opinion on occasion.  However, I do not share personal information on my blog.  I believe Facebook and Pinterest are more appropriate for personal informationn.

In this class I'm revising my social media/marketing business plan and plan to write my blog with more of my opinions/thoughts on real estate and be more personal about the amenities, events, business people, etc. in my marketing areas along the coast.

3 comments:

  1. I think sharing your opinions about the real estate market your are an expert in is a valid and valuable thing to blog about. If I were looking for a real estate agent in my area I would be interested in reading about her/his opinions on their blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think real estate agent is definitely one of those professions where you want to feel personally comfortable with someone and learn a bit about them in the process of deciding if you want to use them. I would want someone to show me they have values I can respect, a good sense of aesthetics, and also that they are smart. I think in blogging about topics you can introduce yourself and these characteristics to people who are interested in using your services.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Dee, thats a good point you make about not needing to share much personal info through a blog when Facebook and Pintrest may be more appropriate avenues to get personal by. I suppose it all comes down to just what your blog is intended to do but I can see where it is a great organizational approach to have considered other social media outlets to serve as your means of getting personal.

    ReplyDelete